First State Health & Wellness has provided award-winning integrative healthcare and education for 30+ years. Our services, among six offices across Delaware, include Chiropractic, Acupuncture/Cupping, Whole-Body Cryotherapy, Massage, Functional Nutrition, Deep Tissue Laser, Spinal Decompression and Rehabilitation. Our chiropractors provide all-natural, non-surgical, drug-free options for pain relief, healing and health maintenance for all ages, conditions and activity levels. Our Impact cryosauna is in our Christiana office, in Newark, Del.
Tell me about your goals/vision for your business.
We provide effective, yet cost-conscious, treatments for our patients. We seek to expand our reach in educating our community, including other healthcare practitioners, about the benefits and options available for natural, drug-free health and healing. Our vision is to create a truly integrative health and wellness center, spanning across our offices, that unites care of the body, mind and spirit via physical, emotional and nutritional support. The first step will be the opening of the First State Health & Wellness Integrative Health Center, designed to feature functional nutrition and mindfulness as integral components of our healing modalities.
Why the decision to add cryotherapy?
Offering cryotherapy put First State Health & Wellness at the forefront of a national trend few facilities were currently providing. It is a powerful tool to keep our community in optimal health, naturally and at minimal cost.
Why did you decide to partner with Impact Cryotherapy?
A past employee, who performed Massage Therapy for First State for many years, moved to Georgia. She was very skilled (even worked with the US Olympic Team) and settled in working for The Fitness Center at Sea Island Resort. She sent me an email about this amazing treatment they offered. I believe they were one of the first to work with Impact Cryotherapy. She was so impressed with the results they were getting, she recommended we seriously consider getting a cryosauna for our patients. She also stated Sea Island had done their homework and Impact was simply the best cryosauna available. Within a week, I called Impact. First State Health and Wellness was the first center to offer cryotherapy in Delaware. The cryosauna has been busy ever since!
How has cryotherapy been received by customers?
It has been greeted with rave reviews! Most feel immediate relief and share positive testimonials. Our staff is well trained and able to answer questions for those who are a bit hesitant about this ‘new’ technology.
First State Health and Wellness patients explain it best:
- “After 20 years seeking relief from intense, chronic pain of rheumatoid arthritis, I got used to not doing things because it hurt,” says Heather Klebon, patient. “Following my whole-body cryotherapy sessions, I experience increased energy, alertness, improved circulation and a huge reduction of pain, especially in the morning when inflammation is usually at its worst. I’ve been able to accomplish chores I was avoiding!”
- “The whole body cryotherapy chamber was a quick, convenient way to add cold therapy to my pre- and post-race training for the 2015 Ironman Maryland event,” says Eric Wolf, patient, Certified Personal Trainer and avid tri-athlete. “The treatments helped my body reset itself, significantly reducing my soreness, so I could train harder.” Wolf adds, “If you’re serious about training, why wouldn’t you add another tool to your arsenal to help excel, especially when your competition likely doesn’t have access to it?”
How do you promote the cryotherapy?
We promote it a multiple of ways:
- Our initial press release landed on the front page of Delaware’s primary newspaper and online news outlet.
- We distribute a discount postcard to trainers, gyms, doctors and anyone who expresses interest to try cryotherapy.
- We promote it heavily on social media, in our e-newsletter, in event swag bags, and via paid ads with articles and ads in local health/fitness publications, as well as Groupon.
- At events, we raffle off free sessions and offer a free first session to influential business owners and community members.
- We offer a free info session for people curious, but nervous to ask questions and observe a demo session.
- Our cryosauna services were provided to players of the 87ers basketball team with testimonials and videos shared on social media.
- There’s a page dedicated to this modality on our site, along with live sessions on Facebook.
- Our logo is on the unit for our location to be promoted when people share photos.
Why do your clients utilize cryotherapy?
Our patients span a wide age range, from students, to athletes to the elderly. They utilize cryotherapy to for a wide range of reasons, with great results and optimal energy.