What is a cryo… session?
Let us break it down for you… a whole body cryotherapy session is when a cryo user experiences a 3 minute (or less!) cold therapy treatment in a Cryosauna (or as we like to call it… a chill-sauna).
- A whole body cryotherapy session begins with a cryo-user (YOU!) stepping into a Cryosauna/ cryotherapy machine while sporting a nice, fluffy robe, diving booties, thermal socks, and gloves…oh, and undies.
- Before starting the session, the cryosauna operator will pre-cool the octagon. When the pre-cool is finished…that’s when you enter the octagon! Once inside the cryosauna, the operator will close the door and allow you to disrobe! That means you’ll have to part with your warm, fluffy robe and hand it to the operator over the top of the chill sauna.
- Now that you’re down to your skivvies, this is where things really get interesting! The operator will hit the “start” button and you will then start to feel the cold, dry, nitrogen vapor surrounding you. Throughout the 3 minutes, the operator will talk to you to keep your mind off of the chill. They will also remind you to keep your chin up and to rotate.
- You also may hear a beeping sound every 31 seconds. This beeping sound is the cryosauna pro-face alerting the tech to click the “okay” button to ensure the session is still occurring. If the operator does not hit this “okay” button the cryosauna shuts off. This is a safety mechanism implemented by Impact Cryotherapy.
- Pretty soon, the 3 minutes are up and tada!.. the session is over! Congrats, you experienced cryo! You are then handed your cozy robe back and can exit the cryosauna with or without the help of the tech. That wasn’t so bad, was it?
Now that we’ve walked you through what a cryo session will be like, it’s time to actually experience it! Click here to find a cryotherapy location near you!